Kentucky (and 25 other states) are pushing new standardized tests (this includes college entrance exams). Under the new standards, tests are required to devote about 1/3 of the test to biological evolution (between 25-40%).
The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) are the product of a state-led initiative (KY) to develop educational standards that comply with the Framework (PDF, 13mb). The Framework document establishes the core disciplinary ideas in science and focuses on what is ‘most important for students to learn in order to be both college and career ready.’ The final version of the NGSS is scheduled for release in December 2012. The last formality will be when the Kentucky Dept. of Education adopts the NGSS as policy.
According to the NGSS and Kentucky Dept. of Education, these standards are not yet in place – but according to an ACTUAL test report, it would seem they are! [If 34+% of the test was evolution before the NGSS is approved, what will it look like afterward?]
WHAT’S WRONG WITH IT:
1. Evolution is only a theory. It is NOT science and should not be taught as fact. It deserves no more credibility or time than any other hypothesis. Creation answers more questions and has more historical accuracy.
2. It is a faith-based, state-sponsored religion. It breeds humanism, atheism, and even racism. It is morally corrupt and has no place in standardized testing – much less one-third of life science.
3. Requiring students to learn and answer facts which violates their Bible-based convictions (freedom of religion) is unconstitutional.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. Pray that God would protect our nation, states, counties from humanism and atheism
2. Download this letter and mail/deliver it to your district’s school board superintendent and members.
3. Visit www.CEAI.org to stay updated (KY Director: Roger Dillon)
4. Support / Contact Legislator Tim Moore & others who stand with him against this.
5. Read this … Take an Ax to the Poisonous Tree of Evolution
Leave a Reply